Based in Utrecht, The Netherlands
Swords & Soldiers II Shawarmageddon is the PS4, Nintendo Switch and Steam re-release of the original action strategy game Swords & Soldiers II, which was first released for Nintendo WiiU.
The whole game has seen tweaks and improvements. New maps and achievements have been added and the entire campaign has received extensive gameplay tweaks and edits. Redbeard makes a return from the original, and meets up with Al'Yucaneet to follow a mysterious trail of missing sheep.
On top of all that, this re-release comes with the exciting addition of online multiplayer. Swords & Soldiers has always been conceived as multiplayer game that dishes out quick and satisfying strategic battles. And as such it has always played best without opportunity for screen cheats.
With Swords & Soldiers II Shawarmageddon, Ronimo Games has yet again pushed what is possible when it comes to blending action and strategy. Players will have to make hard decisions about spending their hard-earned resources on upgrades, more workers or new units.
Swords & Soldiers II was originally released for the Nintendo Wii U as a timed exclusive in 2015, after a development time of three years. It greatly expanded upon the original Swords & Soldiers by completely overhauling the art style, presenting a completely new campaign and adding over 30 new units and spells.
- Fresh gameplay - Offering a unique and action-packed take on the strategy genre, this game packs a punch!
- Online Multiplayer - Command your armies, adapt to your opponents, and execute your perfected counter-strategies! Take on the world in online 1v1 multiplayer and climb the leaderboards!
- Extensive single-player campaign - Follow the adventures of Redbeard the Viking as he follows the mysterious trail of missing sheep!
- All across the world - Face off while commanding the Viking legion, an army of carpet-riding Persians, or brutish Demons! Each faction features unique units, spells, and resource-mechanics!
- Build it your way! - Use the Custom Army feature to conscript an army consisting of your favorite units and spells, and pit them against your friends in a custom game!
- Up for a challenge? - Think you got what it takes? Every campaign mission features a time challenge and bonus objective that will force you to try out new strategies and think on your feet.
- Enlist mighty champions - A wise man once said "When the going gets tough, buy hero units!" Not only do these super units pack a mighty punch on the battlefield, each one of them also offers their own special ability!
- Play while matchmaking - Nobody likes waiting, so we made sure you never have to! You can enter matchmaking while battling it out against the AI in Skirmish or going for a high score in the minigames, and will return to where you left off when your multiplayer match has ended.
Release trailer - Nov 6, 2018 YouTube
Logos & Icon
Request Press Copy
If you would like to obtain a copy for Review purposes or to stream gameplay on Youtube / Twitch, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Swords & Soldiers II Facebook
Head over to facebook.com.
Official Swords & Soldiers II Forum
Available at awesomenauts.com.
About Ronimo Games
Ronimo Games creates 2D entertainment games for downloadable platforms. We've been around for 8 years and in the meantime we've released Swords & Soldiers (Wii, PS3, Steam, iOS, Android, Wii U), Awesomenauts (PS3, Xbox 360, Steam, Playstation 4), and Swords & Soldiers II (Wii U).
Youtube monetization is permitted for all of our games. Don't hesitate to contact us for editorial and sponsorship opportunities.
More information on Ronimo Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Swords & Soldiers II Shawarmageddon Credits
Gijs Hermans, Ralph Rademakers, Martijn Thieme, Olivier Thijssen, Koen Gabriëls, Adam Daroszewski, Nikita Binda, Sanne Cazemier, Tom Clercx, Jacqueline van Rhijn
Jasper Koning, Fabian Akker, Thomas Pathuis, Kasper Geeroms, Jori Kamp, Daan Last
Joost van Dongen, Thijs Adriaansen, Maarten van den Heijkant, Machiel van Hooren, Mart Slot, Jan Schuerman
Audio and music by